Contrave prescription only diet pill – it is not available to buy over the counter, here is why
Contrave is a prescription-only diet pill produced in America by Orexigen. It contains just two active ingredients (bupropion HCl and naltrexone HCl), both of which are prescription medicines in their own right.
When used in conjunction with a low calorie diet and exercise, the use of Contrave for weight loss has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and although other countries have their own approval bodies, that fact that Contrave has been approved by the American FDA is a major point in its favour.
However, it must be remembered Contrave is a drug, not a supplement, and it has been designed specifically to help people who have a BMI of 27 kg/m2 or greater and are suffering from at least one medical problem that is weight-related.
Supplement manufacturers often make big promises for their products, but Orexigen is a biopharmaceutical company.
Their products are distributed via doctors, so there are no bold or exaggerated claims. Orexigen state their product “may help some obese adults or overweight adults”, but their soft-sell approach still carries a lot of weight because Contrave has clinically-proven abilities.
Contrave: What it is & What it Does
Orexigen don’t explain how the pills work, but one scholarly article suggests appetite suppression is probably the main benefit offered. Bupropion HCl has proven appetite suppressing capabilities, so this seems to be a highly plausible theory.
Two studies support the weight loss capabilities of a combination of bupropion HCl and naltrexone HCl. This may help explain why the FDA approved Contrave as a weight loss medication. Such approval does not come often. The last time a new weight loss medication was approved by the FDA was in 1999, when it approved the use of Orlistat.
One of the studies, conducted at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (USA) was particularly supportive and, after 56 weeks of testing, the scientists concluded: “The present findings support the efficacy of combined naltrexone/bupropion therapy as an adjunct to intensive BMOD for obesity.”
Key Ingredients – What Is In Contrave
- Bupropion HCI: Often prescribed for the treatment of depression, bupropion HCI can stimulate certain areas of the brain and these abilities also appear to assist weight loss. In one study, conducted in America at the Duke University Medical Centre in Durham, volunteers who received the drug achieved an average weight loss of 12.9%.
- Naltrexone HCI: A medication that is often prescribed to people who are being weaned off alcohol or opioid drugs. At least one study has been conducted into the abilities of naltrexone HCI as a weight loss aid, and the results were not supportive, but that is not to say it may not prove more useful when combined with other ingredients such as bupropion HCI.
Side Effects & Health Considerations
A statement on the manufacturer’s website states Contrave can cause serious side effects, and puts particular emphasis on the possibility of users experiencing suicidal thoughts or actions.
Other Contrave-related side effects include:
- Swollen glands
- Eye problems
- Skin rashes and irritations
- Stomach problems
- Intestinal disorders
- high blood pressure
- Changes to the heart rate
- Chest pains
- Manic episodes
- Liver damage
Testimonials & Feedback
Customer feedback indicates Contrave may work better for some users than others.[/plain]
It is only possible to use Contrave if it is prescribed by a doctor.
Recommended Diet Product – 2018
PhenQ is the highest rated diet pill for 2018 – It is a multi action, multi benefit diet product.
- Burns existing body fat from stubborn areas
- Stops the creation of new fat from food
- Reduces appetite, controls hunger and calories
- Provides an energy boost when you need it
- Helps fight fatigue – a big reason why diets fail!
PhenQ has a 60 day money guarantee and is shipped FREE anywhere in the world