Ramp Up Fat Burner Review – With Customer Comments
Ramp-Up is a sports supplement intended for people who are tired of dragging their feet at the gym and want to perform at maximum intensity.
The main promised benefits are:
- Burn fat
- Boost energy
- Improve stamina and sculpt the physique
- Resist muscle fatigue and soreness
- Enjoy a workout that will pump you up instead of beating you down
Who Makes Ramp Up?
Ramp-Up is manufactured in Boston, USA, by Force Factor. The company appears to have cleaned up its act now, but it used to offer customers an auto-ship option.
According to reports made on several scam sites and customer complaint boards, including ComplaintsBoard.com, many people feel they were mislead into opting-in to the auto-ship program by being offered a free trial.
What is Ramp-Up and How Does it Work?
People who train hard, eat the right food, and get plenty of rest have a good shot of achieving the kind of chiseled physique they desire.
Unfortunately it can often be hard to find the energy and stamina necessary to train in a sufficiently intense manner to make this happen and even people who are counting their calories can often find they have more body fat than they want.
Force Factor claims Ramp-Up provides a combination of ingredients that “enhance the mind-muscle connection” and help people to go above and beyond their normal training and reach their full potential.
In reality, it’s just a product that contains a few common supplement ingredients and a couple of more dubious choices that have very little to offer at all.
Each (2 capsule) dose of Ramp-Up provides:
- Green Tea Extract (240mg): A proven fat burning ingredient that can be found in the majority of diet pills and in some bodybuilding supplements too.
- White Willow (200mg): White willow bark provides a compound called salicin that offers pain killing capabilities that are similar to Aspirin. It’s possible its presence here may help prevent muscle soreness, but regular use of salicin is not recommended because it can irritate the stomach lining. It also has a blood thinning effect and should not be used by anyone who suffers from bleeding disorders.
- Caffeine (200mg): An excellent energy provider that’s a key ingredient in most brands of energy drink. Caffeine is also a proven fat burner. The amount provided here is similar to what you’d normally obtain from two cups of coffee.
- Alpha-Ketoglutaric Acid (100mg): A substance that occurs naturally in the body. It has a role to play in Krebs cycle (assists energy generation) and appears to have value as a supplement ingredient, but further study is warranted.
- Marine Coral Calcium (100mg): Alleged to be somewhat of a cure-all, coral contains 74 trace minerals and is, in theory, a healthy ingredient. It’s not likely to add any value to a blend such as this, though, and is somewhat of a worrying inclusion because it can sometimes be contamined with lead, mercury, and/or other pollutants that make their way into the water.
The rest of the ingredients are housed in a proprietary blend:
Fat Incineration Complex (160mg)
- Maté Extract
Cayenne is probably the most valuable inclusion because it’s a proven fat burner.
Maté is a caffeine provider that may provide the formulation with a little extra kick.
Bladderwrack provides iodine. The thyroid uses this to prodcuce the hormones that regulate the metabolism. The last three ingredients may provide a few extra vitamins and minerals, but are unlikely to offer users any noticeable benefits.
[info]Usage Instructions – capsules should always be taken with a large glass of water. One to two capsules are required each morning and further one to two capsules should be taken in the afternoon. Each bottle of Ramp-Up only contains 60 capsules, so anyone who takes the maximum dose of four capsules per day will find themselves staring at the bottom of an empty bottle after just 15 days.[/info]
Ramp-Up Customer Feedback
Some people say the product worked well for them. Others claim it’s a waste of money.
A few average customer reviews read:
[plain]”OMG! Love this stuff! I use it before my morning training sessions and it always gives me plenty of clean, smooth energy. No jitters. No crash. It gets me through my toughest workouts no trouble at all.”[/plain]
[plain]”I’ve been lifting weights for more than 2 decades and have tried a lot of different products. This is the worst by far. It does nothing for me.” [/plain]
[plain]”These pills are good for keeping body fat levels low and do a really good job of getting you through your workouts. It doesn’t matter how tired I am, Ramp-Up always gets me through.”[/plain]
[plain]”I could not use this product. It made me feel sick as a dog.”[/plain]
Side Effects & Health Issues
A number of customers state they experienced side effects, the most common of which appears to be stomach upsets and feelings of nausea. With this in mind, we suggest all potential users seek medical advice prior to adding Ramp-Up to their daily routine.
Purchasing Options & Considerations
Ramp-Up is a relatively easy product to get hold of, it’s available via Amazon and several independently-run online stores. Buying direct from the manufacturer’s website is also an option, but it’s not the cheapest way to go. Customers who buy Ramp-Up this way are looking at paying $49.95 per 60-capsule pot. The Amazon price is only $18:58.
Ramp-Up does not have a money back guarantee.
The Bottom Line
Ramp-Up should have the ability to do most of the things Force Factor claim, but the formulation contains a few ingredients that do not have much to offer and only serve to dilute the other inclusions.
The presence of willow bark is also an issue and it seems likely that it may be responsible for the stomach upsets some users claim to have experienced.
Coral is also one of the ingredients of lesser value and, unless the sources have been thoroughly screened, it’s presence could present more risks than benefits. So, if you decide to give Ramp-Up a shot, long-term use is not recommended.
If you are intent on using a fat burner as part of your gym / bodybuilding regime look no further than Clenbutrol from CrazyBulk.
“Clenbutrol has enabled me to train longer and harder and I was shocked to see I’d lost 5kg in 10 days. This stuff is the real deal.”