Leptigen Review Australia – Diet Pill With Meratrim
The homepage on the official website says Leptigen can provide safe, effective weight loss and then invites site visitors to visit a page where they can learn more about some of the clinical studies that encouraged the manufacturer to choose the ingredients used in the formulation.
Apart from that the Leptigen website homepage is surprisingly void of information and, although each of the four ingredients used in the blend has a full page dedicated to explaining its value as a weight loss provider, the actual capsules have never been subjected to scientific trials so there is no proof the formulation works.
What Are The Benefits
- Increased energy
- Improved calorie burning
- Provides a safe, effective way to release stored fat
- Enhances the metabolism and burns more fat
Each Leptigen capsule provides:
- Meratrim (400mg)
- Chromium Chromate (100mcg)
- Green Tea Extract (200mg)
- Natural Caffeine (75mg)
The capsules also contain a few binders and fillers, and vegetarians need to be aware the capsule casing contains gelatine; so Leptigen will be unsuitable for their use.
The Leptigen Blend in Closer Focus
Meratrim – A proprietary blend powered by two natural ingredients:
|Sphaeranthus Indicus: A flower extract that can allegedly provide many health benefits and is sometimes used to treat depression. Its abilities have never been adequately studied and it is not generally associated with weight loss.||Garcinia Mangostana: An ingredient derived from a tropical fruit. It is believed to be useful for treating urinary tract infections and easing the symptoms of depression, but it is not usually considered to be a weight loss enhancer.|
Despite the fact that neither ingredient appears to have the potential to encourage weight loss on its own, a pairing of the two appears to be capable of doing so.
The results of one double-blind placebo-controlled study were published in The Journal of Medicinal Food. One hundred obese people took part in the study and all of them dedicated half-an-hour to exercise, five days per week. They also followed a diet plan designed to ensure they received no more than 2000 calories per day. Half of the volunteers were supplemented with Meratrim. The rest of them were given a placebo. After eight weeks the data revealed the Meratrim group had lost an average of 11.5 pounds. The placebo group lost an average of 3.3 pounds.
- Chromium Chromate – A proprietary blend of chromium polynicotinate, marketed by InterHealth, that has been designed to be more bioavailable than other chromium-providing ingredients. Chromium is often hailed as a fat burner, but the reputation it acquired during the 1950s has since been tarnished by numerous studies that show it lacks ability in this regard. Chromium’s ability to control blood sugar levels can be backed by scientific proof though, and it is often used to manage diabetes. This ability makes chromium a potentially good appetite suppressant because hunger cravings often result from a drop in blood sugar levels.
- Green Tea Extract – Green tea is quite simply one of the safest and most natural weight loss-providers in the world and its abilities can be supported by any number of scientific trials. Like chromium, green tea can be useful for controlling blood sugar levels; but its real power as a weight management aid stems from its ability to boost the metabolism and encourage thermogenic fat burning. After one study involving 10 healthy, male volunteers, the researchers concluded “The green tea extract may play a role in the control of body composition via sympathetic activation of thermogenesis, fat oxidation, or both”.
- Caffeine – Caffeine is a versatile ingredient that can be found in many brands of energy drink and in supplements of all kinds (weight loss, bodybuilding, nootropic etc.). Caffeine has proven abilities as an energy provider, a mood and concentration enhancer, fat burner, and appetite suppressant. The only downside is its use can lead to the jitters and other side effects, but the amount included here is less than that provided by a standard cup of coffee, so the inclusion rate is not unduly high.
[info]How to Use Leptigen – One Leptigen capsule is require twice per day and each dose should be consumed half-an-hour before eating a meal. The manufacturer says diet and exercise is not necessary, but states weight loss results can be improved by adopting healthier dietary practices and exercising regularly. Leptigen users are also advised to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.[/info]
The manufacturer’s website provides several, very positive, comments that are attributed to capsule users, but testimonials from a less biased source would be more reliable and we were unable to find any at the time of this review.
Health Considerations – Leptigen Side Effects
The manufacturer states Leptigen is not a suitable for certain user groups:
- People who are under 18-years of age
- Women who are pregnant
- Women who are nursing a child
People who have existing health problems or are using medication may be able to use the capsules, but are advised not to do so without obtaining the consent of a physician.
The manufacturer also admits “a few individuals” may find use of the capsules results in mild headaches or increased heartrate. Supplementation should be ceased if such a reaction is experienced.
Buying Options & Considerations
People who hope to use Leptigen to further their weight loss aims have no other option but to purchase a supply of capsules from the official website and the price-per-bottle varies according to the amount of bottles ordered.
- 1 Bottle: $109.95 (per bottle)
- 2 Bottles: $99.95 (per bottle)
- 3 Bottles: $89.95 (per bottle)
The manufacturer promises a 120-day guarantee, but the returns policy confuses matters by pointing out returns of “overly used products” cannot be accepted.