- Le-Vel Thrive DFT Duo Patch Review For Australia
- Hydro-Lyn Review
- Skinception Stretch Mark Therapy Australia Review
- Herbex Fat Burn Australia
- Shinya Koso Night Diet Review Australia
- Mymi Wonder Patch Review with customer comments
- Kiyeski Belly Patch Review – Positives and Negatives
- IT Works Fat Fighter Review
- Curcumin 2000 Pills – Curcumin Supplement Review
- USN Phedra Cut Lipo XT Review With Testimonials
- Anti Aging
- Appetite Suppressants
- Bigger Breasts
- Carb Blockers
- Diet Articles
- Diet Drinks
- Diet Drops
- Diet Plans
- Fat Binders
- Fat Burners
- Gastric Banding
- Hair Care
- Health Supplements
- Muscle Supplements
- Non Prescription Diet Pills
- Prescription Diet Pills
- Skin Care
- Slimming Patch
Category Archives: Carb Blockers
Fat Fighter Review With Customer Comments
Fat Fighter is a weight management product manufactured in America by IT Works. It’s produced in tablet format and is designed to absorb “some of the fat and carbohydrates from food”.
There are nine calories in a gram of fat, and four in a gram of carbohydrate, so blocker-type diet pills offer obvious value. IT Works also claim the tablets can suppress the appetite. If they prove efficient in this regard, they could help dieters to avoid the frustration of unpleasant hunger pangs.
Many fat and carbohydrate blockers fail to live up to the manufacturer’s claims, but the better ones can be very good for helping people to slim down. They work by disrupting the body’s ability to digest fat and carbohydrates, causing the undigested nutrients to pass through the stomach and intestines without releasing any calories.
The Fat Fighter Formulation
Two tablets contain:
- NeOpuntia (500mg): A standardised form of nopal cactus extract. Nopal has proven fat blocking abilities and is also known to be capable of suppressing the appetite.
- Chromium (150mcg): A mineral that can help control the appetite by preventing the fluctuations in blood sugar levels that may otherwise lead to a craving for sugary food.
The formulation contains eight more ingredients, but they are housed in a proprietary blend (510mg) and the inclusion rates are not provided.
- Phaseolamin (white kidney bean extract): A number of studies show white kidney bean has carb blocking abilities, but the doses involved were quite high. The participants in a study conducted at the University of California received 1000mg, two times per day, before meals. The entire Fat Fighter proprietary blend only contains 510mg and white kidney bean is diluted with other ingredients.
- Wheat amylase inhibitor: An ingredient that might help block carbohydrate absorption, but only if it is used in highly concentrated form.
- Garcinia cambogia: The HCA (hydroxycitric acid) provided by garcinia cambogia fruit assists weight loss by suppressing the appetite and limiting the body’s ability to store excess calories as fat.
- Green tea leaf extract: A proven fat burner that that may also offer protection against heart disease.
- Banaba leaf extract: Further study is required, but some research suggests banaba may lower blood glucose and help the body use insulin more efficiently.
- Bitter melon: An ingredient that may help regulate blood sugar levels, but its abilities have never been subjected to adequate study.
- Gymnema sylvestre: An extract taken from a climbing plant that’s native to India. One study suggests gymnema sylvestre extracts may have the ability to help suppress the appetite, but further research is needed.
- Vanadium: An article posted on the University of Maryland website states vanadium is “not recommended for any disease or condition” but may have an effect on blood sugar in people with diabetes.
Fat Fighter Customer Testimonials
A few average customer testimonials read:
Fat Fighter Side Effects & Other Considerations
The Fat Fighter sales page states some people will need to obtain medical clearance prior to using the product:
- People with existing health problems
- People using medication
- Women who are pregnant or nursing a child
Although IT Works fail to mention this, some of the vitamins the body needs are provided by dietary fat. The use of fat blockers can lead to deficiencies, so it’s wise to compensate for this by taking a vitamin pill. The way fat blockers work can also present problems. People who use fat blockers need to cut back on their intake of fatty food. If a lot of fat enters the stomach there is more fat for the product to block. This means extra fat has to exit the body with the faeces. This can cause sudden attacks of diarrhoea.
Pricing and Availability
IT Works Fat Fighter is only available from the IT Works online store. Each bottle contains 6 tablets. Customers making a one-off purchase can expect to pay USD 43 (AUD 56) per bottle.
Customers who buy via the IT Works autoship program only pay USD 25 (AUD 32.60) per bottle, but they have to agree to remain “Loyal Customers” for at least three months.
However, customers visiting the IT Works website have to select their country before they can access the store, and Fat Fighter is not listed on the Australian version of the site. We selected several other countries and, as far as we can tell, the product is only available to people living in the USA.
IT Works Fat Fighter is not backed by a money back guarantee.
The Final Judgement
IT Works Fat Fighter contains a decent amount of nopal, so it should have good fat blocking abilities. Chromium is also a good addition, but the proprietary blend is unlikely to contain enough white kidney bean to offer sufficient carb blocking value.
Many of the other ingredients in the blend, such as green tea and garcinia cambogia, are good for weight loss, but the inclusion rates are not provided and it is possible they may be overly diluted by ingredients of more questionable value, like vanadium and bitter melon.
Customer feedback suggests something has gone wrong somewhere because the tablets have let a lot of people down. This would not be such a big problem if the product was backed by guarantee, but it is not, so anyone who finds the tablets don’t work for them will have no way of pulling their money back.
What Diet Pills Do We Suggest
We recommend PhenQ – a highly effective fat burner than can also block fat and suppress appetite.
PhenQ is suitable for virtually anyone. It is fully guaranteed and available to buy without prescription.
Carb Stopper Extreme – High Potency, Carb & Starch Blocker? But Does It Live Up To Expectation
Carb Stopper Extreme is a weight loss supplement made in the USA. It’s produced by Vivid Health Nutrition, but the company’s identity is strangely absent from the product website and the only contact methods available are an online form and an online chat facility that is invariably offline. None of this impresses, but we’ll reserve judgment for a while and see how everything else pans out.
Carb Stopper Extreme is suitable for users of either sex, but the usual bikini-clad girls that are such a common feature on diet supplement websites have been dispensed with in favor of a toned guy wearing a pair of jeans that looks several sizes too big, so it’s possible Vivid see this one as being a particularly guy-friendly product.
- Melt fat away
- Suppress appetite
- Boost metabolism
- Increase energy
- Burn fat
- Sculpt lean muscle
- Lose up to 15lbs a month
- Burn calories & shred pounds without spending hours in the gym
Wow! Way to go with the promises; let’s take a look at what’s supposed to make all of this possible.
Each capsule contains 1000 mg of white kidney extract. There are no other active ingredients.
White kidney beans (phaselous vulgaris) are believed to possess carb-blocking powers. Carbohydrates are the body’s main energy providers. Carb blockers assist weight loss by preventing the body from absorbing them and attaining their calories.
How does White Kidney Beans Block Carbohydrates & What are the Benefits?
White kidney beans contain a compound believed to interfere with the pancreas’ ability to produce a digestive enzyme called alpha-amylase. When this enzyme is lacking the body loses its ability to digest carbohydrates so they pass through the body without imparting their calories.
This means any ingested carbs are unable to contribute to further weight gains. It also means the body may not have enough calories to provide it with the energy it needs to continue functioning correctly so the body compensates for the lack of calories by switching to an alternative fuel—body fat—and starts burning it to obtain the energy it needs.
Some studies indicate white kidney beans may have merit as a carb-blocker, but such studies are few and far between and most experts agree further testing is much to be desired.
In 2007 the international Journal of Medical Sciences published a study conducted on 60 volunteers who were slightly overweight, but had maintained a stable weight for at least six months. The volunteers were fed high carb diets for a period of 30 days. Prior to their meals some of the volunteers were also given 445 mg of white kidney bean extract. Other volunteers received a placebo.
At the end of the test period the volunteers who were given white kidney bean extract showed superior weight loss results. Reductions in fat mass, body weight, and waistline size were recorded and white kidney bean extract also appeared to have helped volunteers retain lean body mass.
Independent testimonials appear almost too good to be true.
One customer says:
Many other customers express a similar opinion, but a comment from the other end of the scale reads:
And another unhappy user hits out at all the positive reviews by suggesting:
Reading the way some of the reviews are worded it’s hard not to wonder if there may not be some truth to that statement:
“I have purchased a second bottle recently. It really works and it is a natural way to block carbs with white kidney-bean extract. “
Side Effects & Health Issues
The official website does not mention the possibility of side effects, but the label on the bottle warns Carb Stopper Extreme is not suitable for pregnant and nursing mothers or anyone who is at risk of or already suffering from high blood pressure or heart disease.
A 90 day money back guarantee is offered.
The Bottom Line
White kidney bean extract has shown potential in a few studies so the ingredient may have merit. Product feedback is predominantly good so Carb Stopper Extreme would seem to have merit too, but it’s hard not feel there may be some truth to the suspicions voiced about fake reviews. It’s also worrying when manufacturers make it difficult to find out who they are and where they are based. So they get a black mark there, and an extra one for promising weight losses of 6kg in a month. No evidence is provided to support such a statement and Carb Stopper Extreme has never been tested so there is no proof the product is capable of living up to any of the manufacturer’s other claims. Carb Stopper Extreme is a rejected product. Many better alternatives are available.
Supplies of Carb Stopper Extreme can be purchased from the official product website or from Amazon. One bottle of 60 capsules typically costs around $20, but bulk buy deals allow customers to received three bottles for the price of two and five bottles for the price of three.
Recommended Diet Pill
We have compiled our recommended diet pills list using criteria based on not only the products effectiveness but all safety, value for money and customer service.
Our recommendations all practice best business ethics and are reputable organisations.